Monday, July 19, 2010

Frustration

In pursuit of truth [or not?], I often get into arguments with people. I have now acquired a bizarre blend of mysticism and a rejection of the scientific method. I am intensely interested in medicine per religion [i.e. hygiene in religion and dietary restrictions].

I have been exploring Traditional Chinese Medicine, and liking it. I have become disillusioned with the reductionism of much of Western science and the shift in medicine towards slipshod pharmacology, especially psychopharmacology. [See "The Creation of Psychopharmacology" by Healy.]

I don't like the reductionism of biomedicine. Maybe I am a dualist now...who knows? The soul must be healthy, however. The soul, the mind, the body; these are all intertwined. We need morality for the soul, we need wisdom for the mind [not intelligence], and we need exercise for the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment